Wednesday 19 February 2014

A poem for InCoWriMo

Hello again.

In the spirit of International Correspondence Writing Month (InCoWriMo), I recently penned this poem to one correspondent, fine-tuned it with another, and now a few of you are going to find this in your mail - hope you enjoy it :)


In case you need a translation, here it is:

Here is just a brief writ note
I write to you to keep a-float
The idea that a letter can
Deliver more than email, and
Provide a chance for me to think
That as I smile, and draw my ink
That maybe there's a chance that you
Will grab your fountain pen and through
The art of nib and ink and flex
Elucidate on matters text*
On silly little phones can't do
You'll take your time, your words will prove
That fountain pens provide a start
To personality and heart
They help us take the time to be 
The better that we want to be

*the handwritten one was slightly wrong (**embarrassed grin)

No comments:

Post a Comment