Tuesday 14 January 2014

INK REVIEW - Toucan Bright Blue - an AUSSIE ink!

Made in Australia, in the wilds of Queensland, comes the Toucan Ink via justwrite.com.au.

Kevin of the Justwrite Pen Company, sent me sent me a few samples (so many it's going to take me forever to get through them!); so today I start that with a review of the Toucan Bright Blue.

There are apparently 14 colours in the Toucan fountain pen ink range, which can be mixed with each other to make your own custom coloured inks. 


Toucan fountain pen ink is formulated from water soluble dyes with no harmful additives and is pH neutral (7). Toucan ink is available in 2ml and 5ml individual samples, 2ml sample packs, 5ml mixing packs, and 30ml, 150ml and 400ml plastic pouches - yes, Pouches! ... for those of you so into ink that you may as well take it intravenously, this could be your chance! (just joking).




I tried filling from the pouch; and as a method of filling I wouldn't recommend it! However I can tell you it washes off hands and desks very well!

It does, however, pour well into any other container once you gather the good sense to try.

As for the Bright blue?..

Firstly, it's a lovely colour. Vibrant without being garish and doesn't dry out in your pen (left it in mine for a week and it started straight away). In this sample, I've compared it with Herbin Blue Pervenche and Mont Blanc Honore de Balzac and it fits somewhere between them both, but very similar - a litle less blue than Balzac, a little darker than Pervenche.

The Bright Blue (imaginative name) is not a "wet" ink. It drys reasonably quickly (in the fine flex I've used), and stops smudging after about 12 seconds.



All in all, I am happy with what I've tried so far, and extremely happy that this ink is based here in Australia. Well done Justwrite!



9 comments:

  1. A POUCH?????? I want. Lovely looking colour too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME review... (had me in stitches.. lol). BTW.. I had an "accident" with Tucan Turquoise.. it took me some time to get it out of my hands.. (three days of heavy washing).. and they still look kind of green.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a pouch. That is insane.
    I love it- imagine if Diamine oxblood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where can you purchase for shipment into the USA?

      Delete
    2. Where can you purchase for shippment into the USA?

      Delete
    3. Hi Kevin
      The Fountain Pen Network are currently running a Group Buy on Toucan Ink for US members. If you're not a member, membership is free and it's a great forum for fountain pen people - and you can participate in the Group Buy. Details are on the JustWrite website www.justwrite.com.au

      Delete
    4. Hi Kevin
      The Fountain Pen Network are currently running a Group Buy for US members. If you are not already a member, it's a great forum for fountain pen people. Details are on the JustWrite Website.

      Delete
    5. Hi Kevin
      The Fountain Pen Network are currently running a Group Buy for US members. Details are on the Justwrite website.

      Delete
    6. Hi Kevin
      The Fountain Pen Network are currently running a Group Buy for US members. Details are on the Justwrite website.

      Delete