Sunday 28 July 2013

Delta Pens

A new day, a new blog (not that this is going to happen daily - but a nice start considering it's a weekend).

Today is about a pen; this one:
It's a Delta Blue Jay Limited Edition (LE).

This is a truly lovely pen. See formal pics here

In my own pic, I've placed it on my Rhodia grid pad (writing paper of choice), next to a coffee mug with a drawing of the Australian Blue Wren (the closest we Australians have to the Blue Jay).

My nib here is fine, perhaps a little too fine for me; but the pen is nonetheless a joy to hold and write with.  

Filling system is piston (my preferred filling system) which is found by unscrewing the blind cap on the bottom of the pen to reveal a silver piston that you turn when the nib is happily swimming in an ink of some sort.

Not sure if it's clear from the picture, but the other nice feature is the ink window between the front section (where the nib is) and the main body. This helps you to see if the pen is running out of ink - handy if you're running into a meeting (although I prefer to always carry a few spare pens - which also allows for mood changes and colour variations ... also fun for boring meetings).

Delta is a relatively new Italian brand (started in 1982). More and more their fountain pens are coming up better and better. The quality is excellent. The designs innovative; and the quality top-notch. I have a few Deltas. The Fusion 82 is a brilliant pen (more another time or look here ). And many of their Limited editions are just beautiful pens.

So, here endeth another titbit from my eclectic annals.

Until next tine...

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous blog.
    I'm glad I finally found my way to it..
    You have amazing hand writing.

    ReplyDelete