Wednesday 9 October 2013

 It arrived today. The Montblanc Heritage 1912 (medium nib) and I couldn't be happier!

I revealed it slowly on my Instagram page; so here it comes again...

Starting slowly, you see the bottom of the pen - black resin gleaming in the tape roll.

Now, you can better see the end of the pen, and the rotating knob.



Gently pull out the knob and it becomes a piston filler (cool!) Fills very easily.


Here, attached to my tie, you see the top just capturing the light above (love this shot).


... and here:  the top (oh dear! where did the nib go?)



a few turns of the knob and hey presto:


Out pops the nib!
and isn't this a beautiful pen?



Based on the original MB Safety pen, this simple design clearly stands the tests of tine (oops, time)


The Heritage 1912 is a heavy pen, but the weight works well with the pen all up. It doesn't post, which is a bit annoying, but feels just wonderful in the hand and on the paper.




The nib is a medium, and is butter smooth (and I'm not such an MB nib fan).

Finally, a big thanks to Appelboom pens for their great service (and the bottle of Balzac ink) - great service from so far away!!! http://www.appelboompennen.nl/




2 comments:

  1. Looks like my kinda pen.
    I have one on the way to me!
    We'll have to compare

    ReplyDelete